Friday 5 April 2013

Epic

In every sense of the word, today has been an epic day - I've spent more money than I can count upto, and details of a major event in my year was released (more to come about that in a few days). And then I came across Carnivals from Sheffield. And their track Kindness. The twinkle of the opening notes feels a bit dark, then a bit eerie and from the play of the first ten seconds you feel like something epic is about to happen, and boy do they deliver, but they tease you for such a long time before that dirrrrty beat drops. Some gentle vocals and then it drops. Through the middle minutes, that beat keeps you on a real hype, and then I'm not really sure how, it mellows, makes you feel like you've done the something epic and then leaves you with the feeling of that Maximus dude from The Gladiator at the end of the film, floating away in total content...

No comments:

Post a Comment