Thursday 11 April 2013

Science Is Eerie

Science is eerie when your still around.

Sometimes, musical talent, lyrical genius and a spark combine together to create a genuinely new and exciting sound. Let me introduce you to Young Fathers of Edinburgh. Not really hip hop, not really experimental, not really any genre, just three guys who clearly love their art.

I heard this late last night and was hooked from the first play. The organ like synths and the haunting vocals on the first chorus got me salivating. I don't even know how to explain how I felt when the cries of 'I'm there, I'm there, I'm there' start ringing. And then they hit the nail on the head. The Young Fathers. Not in a weird way. But actually what the word means. Unclean. Inside I'm feeling dirty. Only cos I'm hurting.

This song is genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment