Thursday 4 April 2013

Something Different, Something Familiar

Today was a 'go' day - a few scheduled appointments, some unscheduled ones too, a short notice piece of work flying in at 11am with a 2 hour turnaround and all whilst battling my unforgiving manflu which has seen some pretty funky coloured liquid exits. I needed a 'go' song. And whilst something a little different from my first few posts, a little drum and bass always has a little space in my closet. Resotone takes music production, adds a little dream synth and induces all sorts of thoughts flying through my head whilst mashing it all together with a phat drum and bass beat. Have a listen, tell me what you think...




And after the excursions of the day, all I really wanted to do was kick-back. I'm telling you, there's something about Brighton.  Whenever I want a little slice of peace and to feel like I am floating away to lyrics that I don't really understand, Brighton seems to deliver. This time its Cave Painting with their guitar riffs and snares which carry me into a plane where I forget what I was thinking about before hitting the play button. Right now, the something different was good, but the something similar is where the heart is at. Cut to 2.13 where Cave Painting tell us "I won't go" and in retaliation, "I keep saying Rio" - I don't know what they're on about, but I agree. I so agree.


No comments:

Post a Comment