Monday 29 April 2013

Glo-Fi

Two lessons learnt from the weekend.  True happiness and joy can only come when the soul has nothing left to yearn. And a lesson about the ego. A beautiful but destructive thing. Nothing is more attractive than when the ego is sure of itself. And nothing is uglier than when the ego is obsessed with itself, tumultuous and over bearing. Drawing a line under my lessons, lets talk about truly joyous stuff, music.

Lo-fi, as you know is the one for me. But, I still like a good beat. And better than that, music which can take control of my current state and transform it to match the mood of its ambience. That's the power of music as an art. Treasure Seasons. Even the name excites me. Basically, a London/Sweden duo who make music 'inspired by the city'



Firstly, Secrets. Listen to this with a good system, or with a good set of headphones. Whirling swirling sounds are met with a thick beat. And then those synths. Are they the best you've heard in '13? The synths come together with the beat and swirling whirling stuff. Daydreaming. Repetitively. And suddenly I have forgotten everything else on my mind. I kind of fall into a trance and only get woken up once the track comes to an end. Desperately fumbling for replay button. And then. Escape. This is Glo-Fi



Fjords. Little droplets of water. And a brilliant, complex beat. I don't know what Ida sings about on this track. But the drops of water. The woody but polished beat. The synthy bridge. The humming. And those droplets. And that humming. And that beat. And thos droplets. Did I mention the drops and the beat and the humming and the synths? Yeah, that. Sick.


No comments:

Post a Comment